1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cakes that improve with keeping + travel well

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Gardening Leaves, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Anyone got any good suggestions for cakes that improve with a couple of weeks' keeping and won't fall apart in the post? Son in forces has just deployed abroad and would appreciate some variations from the usual fare! Have cracking recipes for lemon drizzle, ginger + fruit cakes, all of which go down well in the wardroom. It would be great to titilate the tastebuds in other ways!

2. Gardening Leaves

Anyone got any good suggestions for cakes that improve with a couple of weeks' keeping and won't fall apart in the post? Son in forces has just deployed abroad and would appreciate some variations from the usual fare! Have cracking recipes for lemon drizzle, ginger + fruit cakes, all of which go down well in the wardroom. It would be great to titilate the tastebuds in other ways!

3. If you re post this in Cookery you'll get lots of very helpful replies. We love questions like this [​IMG]

4. Gardening Leaves

Oh ok - thanks! I've never ventured into the unknown land of 'Cookery' before. I hope the natives are friendly!! :)

5. I'm speaking for all of us who post on Cookery, they won't mind me saying we're lovely and very helpful [​IMG]

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

You'll love the Cookery forum, but it is addictive!!
    Cakes, rich fruit cake laced with alcohol is the best for keeping and yes it does travel, ask Manashee!!

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I'm very lovely, but not very helpful.

8. A variation of Christmas cake or any other dense fruit cake.

9. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

A good sturdy Date and Walnut loaf.

10. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Established commenter

Cherry cake with a lot of cherries in it.