1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cake ideas, pleaee

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by tassiegirl, Jun 5, 2011.

1. I have the ingredients to bake a normal chocolate or sponge cake or biscuits, but that is a bit boring. What I don't have are any 'luxury' ingredients to make something super moist or yummy. I have some fruit yogurt in the fridge which could help to make it moist, but I only have 500gm of butter and a bit of olive oil left.

Does anyone have any inspirational ideas to help me?

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I don't think any homemade cakes are boring....sorry! I'd go for the chocolate one [​IMG]

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I agree with Belle - any homemade cake is lovely because they are made with love!
    I'd go for a chocolate one though (if you're going to be naughty, be really naughty!)
    Although, if you have some rich tea biscuits and a bar of chocolate you could make a chocolate refridgerator cake.

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

My ultimate chocolate cake recipe includes yogurt, if you're interested?

5. Definitely! I've made some great cakes with yogurt but it's normally plain or Greek, I currently only have apricot in the fridge!