1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cairo - expats who have left - pets

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by AshgarMary, Feb 4, 2011.

1. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

If you know expats who have left Egypt - what have they done with their pets? This has just come up as a potential issue on my Facebook.

2. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

If you know expats who have left Egypt - what have they done with their pets? This has just come up as a potential issue on my Facebook.

3. Some have asked neighbours to care for them whilst they're away. I know one who has paid their boab extra to look after their cats.
    Let's hope there isn't a drastic food shortage coming, else I fear that kitty may be on the menu.

4. Yum! Tastes just like chicken.[​IMG]

5. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Disgracewful post. Those poor expats who are now cuddled up in the UK frightened about their little pussies being eaten.
    From what I've been they do not taste like chicken! Much more sinuey and not very pleasant. Cetain breeads of dog on the other hand; delicacy...[​IMG]
    ...If push comes to shove, get out with you life or save a pet? Hmm, tough choice for some people.

6. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Yes I know it's a tough choice, but some of us are remaining, and we were just wondering what the situation is and whether at the end of this there will be pets in distress somewhere that could either be assisted (don't know how - medicine, food, or a bullet if it comes to it) - just trying to gain figures.
    A friend of mine is in Sharm and says the expats who are fleeing are dumping their pets and her home is like a zoo now.
    I do keep my kitties fattened just in case though.... delicately fried kitty with fava beans and a nice (non-alchoholic) chianti .....

7. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Send him to Cairo, I hear there's lots of cats going spare all of a sudden; he'll have a feast.[​IMG]