1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cairo and Egypt

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Alphaalpha, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

27th start? Honest guys - what are your schools doing . My website is quite clear.

2. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

You are all very quiet???

3. I usually am when I am asleep! The intention is to take a week off that.
    I hope that we can without too much hardware blocking the path...

4. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Tks FP - is everyone else asleep??

5. MES still opening tomorrow (Sunday).

6. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

If what I've heard about their handling of the crisis I'd love to be a fly on the wall during their first staff meeting.

7. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

If what I've heard about their handling of the crisis is true I'd love to be a fly on the wall during their first staff meeting.

8. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

We want to open on the 20th but have been told by the Idara (local government) that we will be breaching a Military Council edict.
    Other schools have been told that if they open, then their directors are facing jail terms
    It's all getting a bit boring now

9. I met a member of staff from there yesterday and they were very vocal in their support at what the school had done for them during the protests. And not coming from a management angle either.
    There won't (I imagine) be any stand up rows because jobs would be on the line.
    Any staff I have met from there (apart a couple) have been happy. There are signs, however, that there will be a push to increase student numbers and send the message that the LE is more important than the ED.

10. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

Definitely no school until the 27th

11. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

We got permissionat 9.00am this morning to open tomorrow
    At 11.30am, we were told that the person who gave the permission does not have the authority to do so. Only the military council may do so - and they haven't changed their minds
    Back to square one!!

12. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Giving it a go tomo! We have a go from .............!

13. But who did give that permission in the first place? There is a parliament in place isn't there? They are just not allowed to make decisions yet/at all.