1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cairo (6th Oct side) - supply - have PGCE will travel

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by AshgarMary, Feb 9, 2011.

1. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

I'm around - live 6O area - PGCE, CELTA, QTS, new enhanced CRB check (Dec 2010), physics/science/maths - am recovering from ill health in the winter so can't over-promise.
    Haven't taught in a regular school classroom for yonks, but have taught TEFL classes fairly recently.
    If you think you might be interested, PM me, am on holiday in Sharm week 21-25 Feb (booked before all this started!).
    Would actually welcome the opportunity to gain familiarity with IGCSE Physics etc!

2. We have students and school bus coming in from 6th Oct. I guess it takes just over an hour. Forward your CV and I'll send it through for you.

3. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

I've I leave Kattameya / New Cairo at 6.30am, I get to 6 October by 7.10am
    Coming the other way, if I leave 6 October at 3.10pm, I'm in Maadi by 4.15pm. If I leave at 5.00pm, I get to Maadi (if I'm lucky) by 7.00pm. Add at least another 30 mins to New Cairo
    I might be wrong, but judging by the traffic going the other way, the times would be about the same in the other direction

4. Hi, I'm coming to Cairo on 11th March, My background is consultant for a London Borough, Business Manager in both Primary and Secondary Schools. As part of Leadership Teams I've been involved in everything from lunchtime supervision, cover supervision to a bit of ICT teaching as well as my own role of Business Manager. Is there likely to be any work available for me? Have spent a great deal of time on internet but not seen very much at all.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks.

5. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Do you teach??

6. a bit of ICT.

7. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

How about a bit of IPC and CIPP?

8. Blinded me with science again, Alfa. What is CIPP?

9. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Cambridge international Primary Program, But I think we could make up something more interesting

10. I googled it (CIPP) and they were all more interesting than that!
    CAB is my favourite.
    And it's not on google!

11. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

I find it interesting that there's so many folk interesting in looking for work in Egypt, given no one knows what the next 12 months will bring. I expected a flurry of applications for my school, in SE Asia, but of the two hundred plus applications so far received there's clearly no surge from the Pharoah land. Maybe those who aren't returning to Egypt have decided to give up on International travel. So it seems I was wrong about being inundated with expats from your neck of the woods, as I predicted two weeks ago.
    Another interesting stat I'll throw in about the applications I've received so far, there's clearly no shortage of Science teachers nowadays whereas English language / literature seem to be scarce.

12. Sandman

Sandman New commenter

What about Sociology applicants MM?