1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CAD Software

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by lisairene, May 21, 2019.

1. lisairene

lisairene New commenter

Hello,
    I'm exploring software to teach technical drawing as part of CAD, so isometric, orthographic, 3d designing. We have 2d Design but I don't think I can do orthographic with this (not automatically anyway)???? I've tried Prodesktop in the past but found it inaccessible to students (and me!) What do you use? Any recommendations or steer clears???

Thanks for your help!

2. cosybear

cosybear New commenter

3. lisairene

lisairene New commenter

Thank you. :)

4. jcampbell120

jcampbell120 New commenter

onshape.com is excellent. Students can sign up for an education edition. Use it with A level students.

5. changeagain

changeagain New commenter

I agree with Jcampbell120 Onshape is so easy to use. We use it with year 9+

6. changeagain

changeagain New commenter

A third thumbs up for Onshape

7. licenseapps5

licenseapps5 New commenter

Autodesk AutoCAD 2020 Release is the world’s leading CAD software, specializing in 3D architectural designs for buildings, engineering and engineering. In recent years, downloading AutoCAD software has been an irreplaceable tool for any architect or engineer to turn their imaginative ideas into realistic creations. In this innovative version, AutoDesk Autocad 2016 x86x64 has many components that make your work easy and simple. It offers a wide range of tools for creating all kinds of shapes, from mechanical parts to architectural plans.

8. chrisfenton7

chrisfenton7 New commenter

Anyone using Autodesk Fusion 360?

9. dtbear

dtbear New commenter

Hi Chris
    I have been using Fusion 360 for 4 years to every year group. Recently l have set up a training company to train teachers how to introduce CAD successfully for D&T. Recent OFSTED inspection on our curriculum was highly praised, as for improving design folders for the new GCSE it is the way forward. I can take you through all the teething problems you will encounter when setting up CAD.
    Let me know if you want further details.

Yogi

10. dtbear

dtbear New commenter

11. chrisfenton7

chrisfenton7 New commenter

Hi Yogi,

We do use CAD but I am trying to push for change and to update what we are currently using.

I'll drop you a PM with my details.

Chris