1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

C3 in the core standards- I need evidence!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by treespirit, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Can anyone help please?
    I need to gather evidence for C3 and am not sure what to include. Is there a document anywhere outlining 'the professional duties of teachers', or indeed a clear summary anywhere of the statutory framework? What else should I include?

Don't tell me that my mentor should know pls- she doesn't- and that is another matter entirely!

Thanks x

2. Can anyone help please?
    I need to gather evidence for C3 and am not sure what to include. Is there a document anywhere outlining 'the professional duties of teachers', or indeed a clear summary anywhere of the statutory framework? What else should I include?

Don't tell me that my mentor should know pls- she doesn't- and that is another matter entirely!

Thanks x

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Safeguarding training? X

4. I just referred back to the safeguarding training I had had at the end of my GTP year. I don't think you should need too much.

5. I've got the following for C3:
    Professional studies presentation (from my GTP training)
    VLP/Internet safety training (and then use of this in classroom/ICT lessons)
    Writing IEPs and provision mapping (and training for this)
    School trips and residential (completing risk assessments/medical paperwork)
    Autism training
    Reading APP moderation and training and how these link to individualised learning/differentiation/target setting
    Implementing school policies (examples, e,g, a CP referal, CAMHs referal) and examples of seeking guidance throughout year (e,g, SENCo, Head, Inclusion Manager, etc...)

6. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Some NQTs have achieved this by reading the Bristol Guide- or similar and making notes. Otherwise it a classic for a formal course on safeguarding.
    Professional duties of teachers are part of the school teachers pay & conditions document on DfE website

7. Thank you all! I really appreciateyour responses x

8. many thanks x