1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

C1 Edexcel paper today

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by smillsj, Jan 13, 2012.

1. smillsj

smillsj New commenter

Our yr 12s found it shocking and said it was different to previous papers. Interested in what others say.

2. smillsj

smillsj New commenter

Our yr 12s found it shocking and said it was different to previous papers. Interested in what others say.

3. It would be difficult to say, partially as we do AQA, but mainly because you are not supposed to see any papers until the following day (which will be Monday for Core 1)...
    cyolba, sticking to the letter of the law :)

4. smillsj

smillsj New commenter

I haven't seen the paper. I just wondered the response of your yr 12s. One of our HLTAs took it as well and was disappointed

5. DM

DM New commenter

As cyolba said, discussion is embargoed at present as the exam is still to be taken in other parts of the world.

6. yup! mine said there were different sorts of graph questions they had never seen before..

7. pwc9000

pwc9000 New commenter

Fair paper I thought. Arithmetic series had some challenge. Interesting graph sketch involving a constant. Otherwise straightforward.

8. chrisa86

chrisa86 New commenter

Can't say it was particularly different to the Jan 2011 or June 2011 ones...

9. Is it okay to mention it now?

And a link to the actual paper?

10. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

Just had a look at the paper over on student room.
    They seem to be describing it as requiring more "deep thinking" than more recent ones.
    My view is that as always the good problem solvers (and those that have done lots and lots of past papers) will do well and those who just hink they can learn a few formulae and then stick in a few numbers like they did at GCSE won't do well.