1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buzzers

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Bonnie23, May 14, 2019.

1. Bonnie23

Bonnie23 Occasional commenter

This might be a weird one but I'm wanting to make my A-level and GCSE classes more competitive. I'm looking for an app that I can use where I can verbally ask my class a question and they buzz in to answer. I'd like to be able to see who's buzzed in first and even better if it can keep a scoreboard.

It doesn't have to be an app, a website would work as well but I'm not experienced in this. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Idiomas11

Idiomas11 Occasional commenter

Kahoot? You can make your own quizzes or use the ones there already.

Bonnie23, sbkrobson and bonxie like this.
  3. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Yes, Kahoot is what you need, it's really good, although you need to be judicious in how frequently you use it.
    As well as giving you the stats for who answered first, who answered wrongly etc it also has a podium feature so you can generate TopThree for every quiz.
    What you cannot do, which you seem to have specified, is leave the answers open-it is essentially a multiple choice activity. However, that in itself gives plenty of scope for testing them in an interactive way.
    There also appear to be quite a few "Quiz Buzz" apps on the AppStore, so have a look.

You might also be surprised by asking the kids-I often find out about classroom widgets from my students, either because they have been used by colleagues in other subjects, or because they use them themselves in one way or another.

Bonnie23 likes this.