1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buying work from authors

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by slevans1, Oct 22, 2018.

1. slevans1

slevans1 New commenter

Hi
    I am new on this forum and have uploaded some great work books and powerpoint presentations?
    Do i need to buy the licence if i am going to use these workbooks with my students or use the powerpoint slide?
    I want to make sure i use this correctly.
    work can often be uploaded to google classroom for students to access.
    kind regards
    sarah

2. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

Hello and welcome.
    I wonder if you mean that you have in fact downloaded some great work books and PPPs? :confused:
    If this is so, then you don't need to purchase the school licence if you are going to use these with your own students only. :)
    However, if those resources are going to be used by other colleagues within your department or school as well, then you should be purchasing the school licence too. :oops:
    It is worth asking your school if they will pay for this. ;)
    The same goes for anything that you upload onto any kind of platform which will be accessed by students. If access is restricted to your students only, then you are fine. Should your colleagues' students also have access to those resources through the platform, then you would need to have purchased the school licence.
    If any of the resources you download are free, then you don't need to worry about a school licence. :cool:
    I hope the above clarifies the situation for you.
    M. :D

TheGingerTeacher likes this.