1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buying keyboards for a KS3 classroom

Discussion in 'Music' started by swotboy, Jun 6, 2011.

1. swotboy

swotboy New commenter

Let's talk keyboards..............

Going to invest in some new keyboards for the department. Am thinking of investing long term in the Roland E 09, which is double the price of the Yamaha PSR E323 model that we currently use, but not unthinkably posh for a music classroom. I'm sick of the keys getting broken on the cheaper Yamaha model and used the Rolands at my last school, which also have a dual jack input! I know we can get splitters etc (which we use), but it's a right fiddle.

What keyboards are we using out there guys and what seems to work best??

Cheers

2. swotboy

swotboy New commenter

Let's talk keyboards..............

Going to invest in some new keyboards for the department. Am thinking of investing long term in the Roland E 09, which is double the price of the Yamaha PSR E323 model that we currently use, but not unthinkably posh for a music classroom. I'm sick of the keys getting broken on the cheaper Yamaha model and used the Rolands at my last school, which also have a dual jack input! I know we can get splitters etc (which we use), but it's a right fiddle.

What keyboards are we using out there guys and what seems to work best??

Cheers

3. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

No. Let's not talk keyboards. Unless they're Moog Modulars. A class set of them might be vaguely interesting.

Lennox

4. cmf

cmf

OMG LB is back!
    I do not have the option of higher priced keyboards. I loved the GM225 as they have a built in 6 track recorder, but since they were discountiuned I have tried other modals. I wont use Casio as I would then need two different power supplys. I have just recently got 2 YPT210 but find it frustrating having a demo button etc. I have started to use the computers I have linked to a midi keyboard and playing through Sibelius.
    As far as the keys breaking, I have found the main problem was board students lifting the keys up. So I charge them for the replacment keys and use a few students to fix them. I have just reccently re-installed the keyboard lab back in the room and this seems to have sorted the problems out.