1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buying in resources for SEN

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by bg71jq, Oct 14, 2017.

1. bg71jq

bg71jq New commenter

Hi, as I have mentioned in my other post I am newer to SEN, so please excuse me.

I have been asked to put a list of recommended resources for SEN pupils.

I have read the EHCPs and it does recommend mind-mapping software and text to speech (do people actually use these elsewhere?), along with toe to toe.

We have majority of SEN pupils with dyslexia and ASD.

Can anybody please recommend, as I need to investigate and make a list.

2. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

https://autismeducators.com/ has lots of affordable resources to download which have been specifically created for kids with autism. (I am one of the creators of the resources).

3. gwest91

gwest91 New commenter

You might want to look into Clicker 7 - it has mind mapping and text to speech software.

4. briroll

briroll New commenter

Teaching resources for SEN pupils.

I have recently aded a short interactive training module to tes resources designed for teachers who wish to add clay work into their classroom.

I have developed and used the techniques and skills presented in our tutorial module while teaching pottery to SEN pupils at a local college for ten years and found the pupils and support staff very responsive.

If you think that this could be of value you will find details of the modules and back up projects in the briroll shop on TES.