1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buying Easter Eggs for Students

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dm441, Mar 24, 2012.

1. I would never normally do this but today I bought 30 Easter Eggs from a supermarket for my year 5 class. There was a special offer 99p each (usually £3.99 each) for one day only and they are the large ones (not the silly small ones). I asked one of the managers why they were cheap in case I was buying 'dodgy' chocolate....he said they were selling them cheap for Sport Relief and all money raised was going to charity.
    I was so excited with the bargain that I told the headteacher about my purchase and she has not only refunded my £29.70 but she went out and bought 300 more for every student in the school!
    We do encourage healthy eating but a treat now and then should be worth it and the money went to charity!
    And the best part is I have 26 children in my class so after I have given my TA and student teacher an egg each that will leave me 2!
    The Supermarket was Sainsburys by the way....be warned though, not every store is participating

2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

I'm confused dm. Earlier this month you were posting that you were a newly appointed DHT in a secondary school ...

3. I work 2 days a week in a Junior School - I teach a Year 5 class.
    I lecture 2 days a week at a university (so I can study my PhD for free)
    I currently work 1 day a week at the Secondary school but I will be starting full time in September - hence why I am keen to start getting the timetable etc prepared for before the summer holidays.
    My apologies for your confusion but I was just excited about the easter eggs...

4. harsh-but-fair

Hmmmmmmmm .....

5. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Cheap chocolate? Er ... excuse me ... back soon ...

6. If your so desperate for evidence to see my credentials then you can private message me harsh-but-fair.
    All I wanted to do was mention the cheap eggs not receive sarcasm from yourself. So lets move on...

7. thanks for letting me know about the eggs!

as for the comment from harsh-but-fair...maybe they have too much time on their hands? seems a little strange if you ask me!

8. harsh-but-fair

You know a lot of Y5 teachers who are also Secondary DHTs, do you kh?

9. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I'd hope that most deputies would have a better grasp of grammar.
    Having been involved in the recruitment of several
    Deputies I'm amazed that someone who is currently teaching 2 days a week in primary was able to secure a secondary deputy headship. Truly amazed.
    As for the chocolate, sounds like a good deal. Last year we asked for an egg for every child and Tesco donated them. Even better.

10. brighton56

brighton56 Occasional commenter

It is strange that dm441 has so many jobs but not impossible. I did an UPLS course when I trained to be a teacher so this meant I was training for both junior school education and secondary.
    I hope one day to be a primary school head teacher but for now I need to gain more experience as a HoD first.