1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling Schools

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by NotSoPretty, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Could anyone tell me of any companies that buy schools? We are in a position to sell.

2. I should add that we are a small school, so buyers of bigger schools may not be interested.

3. are you selling a building or an existing school (inc building)? Also where in the world are you ?

4. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Yes, depends where you are. If it's a part of the world where the punters come rolling in without getting too worked up about quality, then the Northern Angles might be tempted.
    If you're in the ME or thereabouts, the Sparkly outfit could well come give you a sniff.
    And there is or was an Irish company called Riverside that wrote to us out of the blue a few years ago asking to buy. The letter was so corny and crappy and cocky that I binned it, believing it to be a weak jest on the part of some colleague, but two months later they followed up with a reproachful request for a polite answer, which was duly composed.
    Mind you that was in the days when Ireland was the pulsing, throbbing youthful heart of global capitalism, remember?

5. Google "COGNITA"

6. you could try Tenby, if you happen to be in SE Asia, any where near malaysia?

7. Thanks for your replies. I might give COGNITA a go. I think we are too small for the Northern boys. BTW, we are in central Europe...

8. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

NordAnglia has a large network in Central Europe.

9. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

NordAnglia and Cognita will be interested. Whether they buy or not is another thing. How cheap is it?

10. Is this thread ethically sound?
    Mr.Marker is back so that would suggest not....
    [​IMG]