1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a Tassimo / Senseo: where do you get the pods?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sesame1, Feb 20, 2011.

1. sesame1

sesame1 New commenter

Looking to buy a Tassimo or a Senseo (for coffee / chocolate & tea), cost : approx. £120. Problem is, I've looked on the Asda website (I mostly shop at Asda), and they only seem to sell coffee pods, and I'm not even sure they're good quality these Asda pods, reviews (about taste) are not bril'. Where do you buy the other pods? (chocolate & tea). Any help/suggestion greatly appreciated.

2. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

3. I've just seen them in Sainsburys.

4. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Sorry re-read, Mrs S gets them from Sainsbury's or Morrisons. You can get them directly from Tassimo

5. Sainsbury's and Tesco Express but I only buy the coffee ones. Shop around for your Tassimo -I got mine last year from Curry's for only £60 - they had a special offer on last Easter.

6. Lots of machines on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bosch-Tassimo-TAS4011-Hot-Drinks-Maker-/270708693863?pt=Coffee_Machines_Makers&hash=item3f077edb67

7. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

Tescos or our local Co-op and we are in a small rural town. I was surprised how easy they were to buy and the hot chocolate is delicous!

8. ljr

ljr New commenter

I was looking at a new Senseo machine just this morning in Sainsburys - it was about £70.00. My very well used one has sprung a small leak, its OK as long as I keep it on a tray. I buy the pods from Asda for the everyday coffee (although they do a very nice breakfast coffee, in yellow packs) or from: www.directcoffeepods.co.uk for a choice of flavours. I also find that the French supermarkets have a very good variety & always stock up when I go.

9. Holland - tis much cheaper there [​IMG]

10. Why not buy another machine which uses loose coffee? Then you're not tied to buying any particular brand.

11. ljr

ljr New commenter

Sorry, I got that wrong - it was £58 in Sainsburys

12. sesame1

sesame1 New commenter

OK, thanks to all, I'll shop around for a Tassimo at next sales, Asda only seem to have 2 types of coffee pods, and one chocolate (whereas 14 ou 15 different flavours are advertised in the Argos catalogue), I don't know why Tassimo does not make them more avaiable, probably a patent issue.

13. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

14. We have one of the other capsule type systems and generally I find Tesco stock most of the range of pods there - seemed to have a fair few of the Tassimo ones as well when we were in there last - we only tend to use the lattes and chocolate ones though, using the filter machine for bog standard filter coffee and stuff.
    Get fairly regular vouchers with your till reciepts as well for cheapo pod refills as it's obviously on our Tesco Clubcard profile.