1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a new sofa

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Weve been looking at new sofas today.
    Hated SCS and CSL, liked the sofas in DFS and Furniture Village but I cant help but think they are very expensive for what they are.
    I particularly liked one in furniture village. (It would cost us £1200 for 2 sofas). Anyone dealt with them before? Are they decent quality on the whole?
    We are tempted to just wait and save up to get a better quality sofa from somewhere else.

2. Weve been looking at new sofas today.
    Hated SCS and CSL, liked the sofas in DFS and Furniture Village but I cant help but think they are very expensive for what they are.
    I particularly liked one in furniture village. (It would cost us £1200 for 2 sofas). Anyone dealt with them before? Are they decent quality on the whole?
    We are tempted to just wait and save up to get a better quality sofa from somewhere else.

3. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Spooky

4. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

I'm a little freaked out that we have both posted about buying a new sofa at the same time.

5. You should post pics of your favourites and see if they are the same ones...

6. hehe weird!!

This is my fave:
    http://www.furniturevillage.co.uk/Inventory/Upholstery/Fender/4-seater-casual-back-sofa.aspx

The thing is we dont have the money upfront and would have to have it on credit, which would be around £35 a month for 3 or 4 years. Think we might have to wait until we are settled as our mortgage payments are going to be more than our rent etc too so it might be a bit silly at the moment.
    I just hate my current sofa, it was cheap and has lost all its shape, plus the frame underneath is broken in places so it really bows in the middle. I dont want to have to move the damn thing to the new house!

7. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

DFS let you have the first year payment free then 4 years free credit after that. So that might be worth looking at. I found a lot of DFS ones very comfy - especially the swivel chairs. Comfiest thing I have ever sat on.