1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a bike.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, May 24, 2011.

1. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Aluminium but it is harsher, no flex in it.

At all.
    I just added that because I can.

2. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

When l contacted Leisurelakes via the phone, the women wasn't very helpful!and you had to pay for delivery.
    Shame you didn't get on with Evans, always been helpful with me. But l suppose all shops are different. Maybe a local retailer would be the best,so you will be able to take your bike back for checkups etc. You definitely need to sit on a few bikes to see which size is best and just get a feel for the bike..as although they are sometimes the same frame size ,different bike makes do vary.

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Well, I went back to Evans after touring several other bike shops today and chose a Trek hybrid with caliper brakes. It's light and feels comfortable - although I've only been 50yds so far - it's raining. It's Cadbury blue and rather gorgeous. Also £79 over budget but hey...they threw in mudguards. Thanks for the info everyone.
    Here it is

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/71-fx-2011-womens-hybrid-bike-ec025532#answers

4. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

Thats the same as my Trek,only l got the mans version...and it's a fab bike..just love it, so hope you enjoy yours. As for Decathlon bikes..my eldest son has a decathlon bike and it's been great ,as has the service from Decathlon. My other son has a carerra bike from Halfords and thats not a patch on it, even though it was slightly more money...and Halfords put the bike together incorrectly!!!
    l don't think you'll go far wrong with Evans...happy biking!!!