1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buy4Schools

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JumpingStarfish, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Was told about the website www.buy4schools.co.uk by someone the other day as a means of raising a little more income for the school. Was wondering if anyone else has used it and whether they generate much money from it? Are there any catches? It seems a bit too good to be true to be honest!

2. Yup - we've been using for a year or so and have received funds of around £370 in the last year.
    In principal it's a great idea, parents buy what they normally buy but starting through the buy4schools.co.uk website and both the school and parents get cashback! It really is free money.
    The biggest drawback with it (as with most fundraising) is getting parents to participate! We only have about 25 parents who regularly buy through buy4schools and they alone have generated £375 in a year. If we could get 300 parents to get involved it would be fabulous.
    It does rely on the school getting behind it and I must admit we haven't done the best we could have, but with current conditions we'll be making a bigger effort :)
    I'd recommend it.
    H.

3. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Senior commenter

I could never use a website with such a stupid name.

4. Thanks so much for your comment. Good to see a decent amount of money can be generated from it. Now I've heard from someone it works quite well, I will try it with my school and see what we can get! Its just getting the parents to remember to use it because it doesn't cost them anything extra at all!