1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Butterfly song or rhyme?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by evebatten, Apr 22, 2012.

1. There's the life cycle song to the tune of she'll be coming round the mountain:- there's a tiny caterpillar on a leaf wiggle wiggle(wiggle your little finger), he will eat the leaves around him til he's full munch munch (thumb to fingers in eating motion), a cocoon is what he's spinning for his home spin spin ((spin index fingers) then he'll b a butterfly and fly away flap flap (put thumbs together and make flapping moves). So the caterpillar story went like this wiggle wiggle munch munch spin spin flap flap . It's from the bobby shaft song book. I recall the butterfly flutterby poem vaguely but dont know where it is. I'm sure someone will. eve

2. Ha I found one. Actually there's a lot of poems that Use the butterfly/flutterby rhyme but some are a bit too much for EY
    Try this one. http://www.angelaspoems.webeden.co.uk/beautiful-butterfly/4538844060

3. looby21

looby21 New commenter

Thanks all :) I've found this one for PSRN

Five little caterpillars sitting on a leaf,
    One little caterpillar fell asleep.
    When it woke up it found it could fly.
    Now there?s four caterpillars and one butterfly.

Four little caterpillars sitting on a leaf ?

I'm still on the hunt for the one I used to know, sure it went like butterfly butterfly, floating in the summer sky???

However, found this with a variety of minibeast songs http://www.earlylearninghq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Minibeast-song-book.pdf

Hope it is useful! :)

4. in music express fs there is section on caterpillars growth and change
    <u>Caterpillar chant</u>
    Caterpillar, Caterpillar wriggle about
    Caterpillar, caterpillar growing stout
    Caterpillar, caterpillar spin your cocoon
    caterpillar caterpillar butterfly soon.

To She'll be coming round the mountain

Theres a tiny caterpillar on a leaf wiggle wiggle x2
    Theres a tiny caterpillar, tiny caterpillar
    Theres a tiny caterpillar on a leaf.

He will eat the leaves around him til he's full- munch muncg

A cocoon is what hes spinning for a home- spin spin

Then he'll be a butterfly and fly away - flap flap.