1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Buss1 Paper - Was it a Nightmare for your pupils?

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by flybe, Jan 14, 2012.

1. flybe

flybe New commenter

Im getting overall feedback that the paper was a nightmare.

Across 120kids the feedback is the same/. 2c being particularly difficult., I have not seen the paper.Im extremely concerned.

What has been the general feeling?

2. flybe

flybe New commenter

Im getting overall feedback that the paper was a nightmare.

Across 120kids the feedback is the same/. 2c being particularly difficult., I have not seen the paper.Im extremely concerned.

What has been the general feeling?

3. Mixed bag with my re-sitters. some found it difficult (particularly 2c) but others thought it OK. I've seen the paper and, in my opinion it was one of the most straightforward papers I have ever seen, - no complaints from me.
    Bouga

4. kenickie

kenickie New commenter

I hear this was a rushed out paper due to a security breach.

Not too sure how true that rumour is though.

5. glynmanton

glynmanton New commenter

Unlikely to be rushed out - board usually have papers for the following two sessions in place so can easily react to such issues

6. ME80

ME80 New commenter

my students found 2c difficult and some said 2b was hard. Ive looked at the paper and all of 1 and 2a were straight forward. 2b and 2c were badly written thats all and not in the same style as all the previous BUSS1 papers which all of mine had looked at so therefore they were hard to answer. There was a security breach and the paper had an R at the end of it.
    Im hoping for low grade boundaries with this paper.

7. What is a nightmare are my results.. we always get A's and high A's for this paper. I have at least 4 students who should have got it hands down.. yet they got B's. Is anyone else experiending lower grades orm this paper?

8. Yes at this stage we are beginning to lose faith in AQA. I didn't teach towards Unit 3 this year, but the results for that Unit were also very disappointing and completely unexpected given the level of preparation and the calibre of students.
    We are meeting this week to try and address this issue. And the HOD has scheduled a meeting with the principal to assess our next steps.

9. AWB

AWB

I just think we have to adapt to a shift in focus on this paper as 60% of the marks were based on financial planning and the examiners report from summer 11 Buss 1 stated that the best answers in question 2 used calculations to support the answers. I think you could have used calculations to support the answers on question 2a (if you used the cash flow),b and c on the Jan 12 paper?