1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Business studies

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by oreillyj, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Our school has traditionally taught btec. However following the latest announcements about btec (that results will not count in headline figures), we are looking to switch to gcse. Any advice on preferable exam boards would be very much appreciated!
    Many thanks,
    Jane :)

2. Suggest you look again at the announcement pal as not true.

3. going grey quickly

going grey quickly New commenter

whilst you are correct in that it hasn't been taken off the tables fully (the current spec can be used for 2014 figures) there is still no confirmation about the new spec being included in the headline figures past this.
    I think that many schools will be shying away from BTEC due to the uncertainty regarding its future and the need to try and have some continuity for the future (I know I am moving away from BTEC to GCSE for this very reason)

4. Surely the better reason is what's best for the students? We're sticking with BTEC because regardless of the schoo performance measures it helps develop independent learning and time management skills in a way the GCSE doesn't. Its also sufficiently different from A level that when students learn AS they are not simply going over old ground (as is the case with GCSE).