1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

business studies visits north east and Yorkshire ideas

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by cb700, May 29, 2012.

1. cb700

cb700 New commenter

Hi
    I normally take my students to the coca cola factory in Wakefield but this year they are full. I am wanting to ideally take the students to some sort or factory to show production and stock.
    Does anyone know any good places for this topic?
    Any other ideas that covers different topics would be great my students are studying the GCSE edexcel course.
    Thanks

2. cb700

cb700 New commenter

Hi
    I normally take my students to the coca cola factory in Wakefield but this year they are full. I am wanting to ideally take the students to some sort or factory to show production and stock.
    Does anyone know any good places for this topic?
    Any other ideas that covers different topics would be great my students are studying the GCSE edexcel course.
    Thanks

3. Dobson's sweet factory in Elland - never been disappointed with this - the size of the group might be an issue - it's quite small but brill. Probably only a half day if you're fairly near - they do charge.
    If you want something for the other half try Walkley's Clogs in Hebden Bridge - have never been but have heard that it's good.
    Both have websites