1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Business Studies Teacher Training

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by dmcd147, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Hello everyone. I am considering enrolling on a PGCE business studies course somewhere in the UK, preferably Scotland. I'm wondering if anybody has some advice or recommendations regarding which university to qualify? I'd also be quite interested to hear from teachers who qualified part-time.
    Diarmuid

2. Hi

I qualified at Strathclyde last year but I believe we were the last year that they will be running the Business course. I think Aberdeen and Glasgow still offer Business though.
    If you do a PGDE in Scotland, you are then qualified to teach Economics as well as Business/Accounting - but there are really high entry conditions - your degree must contain 10 credits each of Economics, Business, Accounting and ICT. Of the 14 people on my course only 1 person had the correct combination of credits from their degree, everyone else had to do "top up" modules - for example, I had to complete 3 HND modules in ICT to meet the requirements.

Good luck, PM me if you want any more information.