1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Business and Communication Systems Unit 9 exam

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by 2112kat, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I am new to teaching this topic. I have received the Unit 9 exam
    that my year 10 pupils will be sitting in June. I have been wondering (before
    the exam came out) about the creating a website aspect of the course. I have
    been doing a bit in Dreamweaver but now looking at the exam it seems that they
    will not even have to touch Dreamweaver and it will all be in word.

I am looking at it and I am very confused as to what they could
    possibly ask. Making a webpage in word doesn’t make any sense to me at all!

If anyone could give me any advice on this it would be a massive
    help.

Thanks

Kat

2. Hi all,

I am new to teaching this topic. I have received the Unit 9 exam
    that my year 10 pupils will be sitting in June. I have been wondering (before
    the exam came out) about the creating a website aspect of the course. I have
    been doing a bit in Dreamweaver but now looking at the exam it seems that they
    will not even have to touch Dreamweaver and it will all be in word.

I am looking at it and I am very confused as to what they could
    possibly ask. Making a webpage in word doesn’t make any sense to me at all!

If anyone could give me any advice on this it would be a massive
    help.

Thanks

Kat

3. This seems to be a puzzle for everyone I have contacted through email. Why on earth you would be tested on designing a webpage using boxes in MSWord is beyond me! Especially when web page design forms part of Unit 10 this year. The spreadsheet also is difficult to guess although I guess charts and graphs will be required for the report. I expect students will need to use filters and perhaps the MAX and MIN formula?
    I have pointed out to students how useful MSAcess is to set up a form for Unit 9 (Hotels) although not all my pupils have done so and some have used MSPublisher.
    Hope this helps - any other ideas?