1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bursting into tears will not get you the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Clarys, Jul 7, 2011.

1. As title really. I attended an interview on Tuesday, desperately needed and wanted the job. It was an odd timetable for the day anyway, because I was interviewed first thing then had my lesson. Anyway the kids were so poorly behaved that the DH had to intervene. I'm an experienced teacher, with good classroom management skills and that lesson just unravelled - completely! I did the best I could do, and by the end of it was so frustrated that as soon as I'd let the kids go I burst into tears. I've never, ever done that before. I was so angry that this class had reduced me to this, that they'd been so disrespectful of a guest to their school and am so very, very relieved that I wasn't offered the job. It was a lucky escape. I'm going to get feedback today but I do know I had a set 3 class whereas the other candidates had set 1, and one of the candidates was an exPGCEr from there but not in the subject we were being interviewed for, so I'm hedging my bets over who was actually employed.

Hey ho! Here's to JSA/Supply in September :)

2. oh my god exactly the same happened to me too! i was given a bottom set with all SEN kids who drove me to tears.. horrible.. these interviews are so horrible!

what is JSA? I am in the same boat after numerous rejections..

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Job Seeker's Allowance.