1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Burst pipe and a freezer full of ruined game...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Dec 31, 2010.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Sorry to up this me me me thread but I'd be grateful if any brummies could tell me about nay power cuts over the past month.

2. Your neighbours should know, surely. If not, the electricity supplier should be able to confirm - if there was an outage, they've probably had to verify for others making insurance claims.

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

ou're right. They're out at the mo but I'll ask them when they get home.

Ta, adelady

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Uh-oh. I've just looked outside and the rubbish bags are still there, which means the dustmen aren't coming and I'll have to do something about the bag of meat before the neighbours think there's a dismembered body in it.
    That's a poser.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

I've rung npower and they have no record of power cut. It's strange and a bit alarming.

6. The freezer in our garage turns itself off if the ambient temp falls below minus 10.We had a few things spolit in there following several days and nights of -15 temps. Maybe this is what has happened to your freezer?