1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Burns fans - this is brilliant!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon468, Jan 25, 2011.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Heard about this BBC Scotland project on the radio today and have been enjoying hearing the great man's works read by some of Scotland's finest voices. Which one is your favourite?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/robertburns/

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Heard about this BBC Scotland project on the radio today and have been enjoying hearing the great man's works read by some of Scotland's finest voices. Which one is your favourite?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/robertburns/

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

And you get to hear it read by the divine Mr Robert Carlyle. [​IMG]

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I love 'To A Mouse'.

5. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

To a Mouse :)
    I read some bits to my Brownies tonight while they were trying haggis after learning the Military Two-Step and making tissue thistles. Then we did Auld Lang Syne (correctly!) instead of Brownie bells. A good night

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I used it yesterday with my class and will be doing some more tomorrow. I enjoyed a good prowl through the site when I was doing my preparation.

7. My BIL has ended up on crutches as a result of preparations he was making for Burn's Night celebrations.
    It's a very long story, but rumour has it there was some Scottish Dancing going on, and there wasn't even any alcohol involved! ;)

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oh no! [​IMG]

9. Oh, but the pleasure we will have reminding him about it for many years to come, Manashee ;)

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ha, ha! That's exactly the sort of thing I'd do. [​IMG]
    I'm guessing an over enthusiastic reel was the culprit?

11. impis

impis New commenter