1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Burgundy Book Link/Maternity Pay Query

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by a_rooti, Apr 24, 2016.

1. a_rooti

a_rooti New commenter

Hi

I'm trying to find a link to the Burgundy Book. I start maternity soon and want to double check the figures my school has quoted me. I seem to have found 2 different maternity pay provisions.

One says:

4 weeks = 100%
    2 weeks = 90%
    12 weeks = 50% + SMP
    no further payment

Another says:

4 weeks = 100%
    2 weeks = 90%
    12 weeks = 50% + SMP
    8 weeks = SMP
    Enhanced 8 weeks = SMP
    no further payment

I've worked at my school for 6 years and we follow standard teachers pay and conditions, so I believe this is as laid out in the Burgundy Book.

Thanks

2. LauraHester

LauraHester New commenter

The second source you've quoted is always what i've recieved as maternity pay.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good news about that baby! Congratulations - an exciting time ahead.

HERE is the BB. It looks old - that's because it is. Not been updated for yonks.

Best wishes

4. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Think Clegg made it so you can transfer some leave to your partner-if the BB is old it might not be in there, and not sur how it would apply if s/he isn't a teacher. But you might want to look into it. Congrats.

5. a_rooti

a_rooti New commenter

Thanks. I think my place have got it wrong. Mr Rooti isn't a teacher and we don't want to share anyway. Argh, it shouldn't be this stressful should it?

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, it should be a lovely time as the new family starts growing.

[​IMG]

Best wishes