1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bunch of jobsworths

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by nehushta, Jan 19, 2011.

1. I hate the ICT teacher v technician arguement as much as the next guy, but the point blank refusal, for no other reason that being an ****, means that, at my "new" school, the jobsworth dipsticks won't allow (as if they have supreme authority) my Apple device to access the network.

Why??? Because we don't

"But I want to access my email

It only works with microsoft products"

As if theybthink I'm stupid enough to be fobbed off with this ****!

Actually, I have a Masters in Systems and Networking, and you're talking ****

These are the useless, skilless, lazy *** that give technicians a bad name!
    The sooner These dinosaurs are extinct, and people who are actually HELPFUL are employed, the better!!!

**** get ready for the pointless "edugeek" flame war ****

2. I hate the ICT teacher v technician arguement as much as the next guy, but the point blank refusal, for no other reason that being an ****, means that, at my "new" school, the jobsworth dipsticks won't allow (as if they have supreme authority) my Apple device to access the network.

Why??? Because we don't

"But I want to access my email

It only works with microsoft products"

As if theybthink I'm stupid enough to be fobbed off with this ****!

Actually, I have a Masters in Systems and Networking, and you're talking ****

These are the useless, skilless, lazy *** that give technicians a bad name!
    The sooner These dinosaurs are extinct, and people who are actually HELPFUL are employed, the better!!!

**** get ready for the pointless "edugeek" flame war ****

3. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

Use the chain of command.
    First step speak to your Head of Dept (unless of course you are the HoD [​IMG]).
    Next speak to their Line Manager
    Finally escalate it to the SLT, even your Head.
    By Apple device, I assume you mean Iphone. Mine has been connected to our email, however it does mean that it is constantly binging, even at home. Be sure this is what you want.