1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bullying - What does your school do??

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by misslaura, Mar 25, 2011.

1. I am looking for some inspiration.......

My school needs a new way of tacking bullying. I believe it is getting out of hand. I work in the PSHE Dept. and we deliver lessons on bullying however its not enough.
    I was looking st setting up something at lunchtimes, a lot of the students come to me anyway when something happens however once it is passed on to HofY it gets brushed under the carpet.

What do other school do? Is it successful?

We are a large secondary school in a leafy area, where I suppose a lot of staff do not think bullying is an issue because of our well behaved students.

I look forward to hearing from you with any ideas
    L :)

2. The problem with bullying in schools is this: in order to tackle it effectively you have to admit that it exists and you have to log and monitor bullying incidents in school. Once you have this data you may be asked to pass it on to the LA or be asked by Ofsted to produce it. It may then get mentioned in the Ofsted report, or someone puts an FOI request in to the LA regarding bullying and, hey presto, your school reputation is shot to hell and roll number fall. That's why many schools are wary about admitting bullying happens in their school.