1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bullied by parents

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by pookyrobin, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Thanks for your words of support. Putting distance between it and my feelings now is making me feel less angry about it.
    There are many teachers online who use their own names to further the field of pedagogy. Those who back up open work on developing teaching practice with information on the Internet. This type of forum is a different matter. But why should we be afraid to put our names to our beliefs of how best to teach our students. This has made up my mind to carry on tweeting. And while you might say protect your tweets, it defeats the object of reaching out to other teachers and you also won't be able to take part in discussions.

I will smile sweetly and tell them I am only prepared to discuss progress at parents' evenings.

2. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

I don't have much to add to all the excellent information you have already been given. It is important to keep it in perspective. However, I just wanted to add that IF, by any chance, it reached a point in which you felt you were being stalked and felt threatened, this is harassment in law and you should involve your union and report it to the police.