1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bullied by HT

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Bubbawubba, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Bubbawubba

Bubbawubba New commenter

Staff in our school currently being bullied by head and 2 members of staff currently off with stress. I won't go in to details but luckily all staff feel the same way and are banding together.

My question is who should we go to?

Our chair of governer's worships the ground the head teacher walks on (she sucks up to him a lot!). We have unions coming in in the next few weeks but it feels like a much bigger problem. The entire school is suffering, pupils behaviour has become a serious problem, there's no routine with teachers being off ill and different supply teachers being in each day and staff just having no motivation. What should be our next move?

2. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Your unions at a regional level.

This is why you pay subscriptions.

I sympathise with the situation you find yourself in. Collective action prevents you being picked off one by one.

Dragonlady30 and GLsghost like this.
  3. blueskies31

blueskies31 Occasional commenter

School Improvement Partner / Director of Education?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

How awful for you all - all teachers, all support staff, all pupils.

And actually some SLT as well, possibly.

As @Yoda- says, it is the union at regional level who should be contacted to help you all out. It might be helpful if the school's union reps got together and drafted a joint letter expressing their concerns, signed it each one with their union affiliation, and it was sent to all the unions.

This would show the unions that (a) staff are united (b) all unions are being asked to help.

Best wishes

5. Bubbawubba

Bubbawubba New commenter

Thank you for your advice. Will see what the unions can do.

Looking at all the posts on here it sadly seems like we are not alone...

6. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Yes, unions - as a collective grievance. Strength in numbers.

7. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

You are not alone. By no means. Unions. In the interim look at working-time directives on union websites and just stay cool. This too will pass.

8. mushroomz

mushroomz New commenter

I have given up on obtaining union advice. My union rep is very much a fence sitter.........

9. mushroomz

mushroomz New commenter

10. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Then go higher! To the regional officer or to HQ and complain until you receive the service for which you have paid and for which the union has contracted with you.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  11. mushroomz

mushroomz New commenter

Thanks, GLsghost! I might well do that! I need to get my money's worth!....

Dragonlady30 likes this.