1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bullied by colleagues due to results being down slightly from previous years

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Ball200, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Ball200

Ball200 New commenter

I am facing bullying by colleagues and senior management to the point of stress, due to my results for GCSEs being slightly lower than last year. They are not that bad result wise just a bit lower.
    I am sick to breaking point and do not know what to do.
    I have been given all the worst classes in the school behaviour and academic wise as a punishment I feel. My colleagues also keep spreading rumours about me and reporting me to senior management for trivial matters since these results. The senior management are making my life miserable as a result
    Should I leave or report this to a higher authority?

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Speak to your Union. Keep a record of all interactions with other staff (off site). If possible secretly record evidence of this 'bullying'.

Yoda- likes this.
  3. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

I can understand how a whispering campaign together with changes to how you're treated could be distressing to you.

You need to record these incidents in a book. Also refer to them in emails to those concerned. They can be just in passing as part of the email. Eg Yes I have the report you asked for. I was surprised that you mentioned my results yet again in front of other members of staff. ...Copy them to your own personal non school email address.

You need a record of these incidents with who, what and when. Without a record you have little chance of taking things further.

It is possible that people will work out what you're doing. It may reduce the problem.

You will want the advice of your union. Not the workplace rep.

The description you've given does sound like bullying. If it was just one or two people taking a grievance action may be possible. If it is more widespread it may be more problematic. If it's known of by the head teacher and they have done nothing then they may the person that is liable.

The school will have an anti bullying and a grievance policy. You should ask for these.
    See you're Union. Stay as strong as you can. Take care of yourself.

FrankWolley likes this.
  4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Be careful not to assume everything is happening 'for a reason', however; timetables are written before GCSE results are out, so it's most unlikely you were given classes as a "punishment", however much that might seem to be the case to you.