1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bulgaria - any info??

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by pennyrichardson, Aug 3, 2012.

1. I may be wrong, but the last I knew was that there isn't a British school in Bulgaria. There are language schools and I believe there is an American school in Sofia, but beyond the British Council I don't think there is anything else.

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Bulgaria! A wonderful country, but not much good if you want a job as an international teacher! I have sent the OP a PM, so I hope that it will be of some help.

3. It is, isn't it Hippo? I have visited the place and think someone should set up school there!

4. bead

bead New commenter

Yes a wonderful and interesting country. I don't know of any truly international schools, but there is an English language school in Varna and Plovdiv. I think its called the English academy.
    Salaries here are traditionally very low and winters are horrendous (-27 this year), but the summer makes up for it.
    PM me if you want any info on living here.

5. stupot101

stupot101 Established commenter

Re: The Hippo.... could you PM me with some details as well please

6. yasf

yasf Established commenter

there is an anglo-american school in sofia, and some of the Bulgarian national schools look for native english speaking teachers.