1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Building regs for internal garage conversion-anyone with experience? Help

Discussion in 'Personal' started by SIRFRANK, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Driving my partner and I mad, wonderd if anybody had done similar
    Want to convert small internal garage into 2nd reception room, raise the floor, take off front garage doors etc put small window in front,sent off form to the council, builder went on about building regs, officers, plans etc before he starts so much hassle you wonder why bother. Has anybody got a step by step guide for an idiot like me to work with as this is first time ever done anything like this
    Could I find a builder chap who for a few extra quid could dort all this out for me?
    Many thanks

2. Driving my partner and I mad, wonderd if anybody had done similar
    Want to convert small internal garage into 2nd reception room, raise the floor, take off front garage doors etc put small window in front,sent off form to the council, builder went on about building regs, officers, plans etc before he starts so much hassle you wonder why bother. Has anybody got a step by step guide for an idiot like me to work with as this is first time ever done anything like this
    Could I find a builder chap who for a few extra quid could dort all this out for me?
    Many thanks