1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Building bonds with tough students

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by MagicClass, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Two parts to this:
    First, what strategies do you use to build vital positive relationships with your toughest students?
    Second, if you've seen the film Dangerous Minds in which Louanne Johnson (played by Michelle Pfiffer) manages to help a group of very challenging students reach their potential by making positive connections with them, you might be interested in our next free webinar...
    We've managed to get Louanne to do a presentation... Heart to Heart -How to Create the Teacher/Student Connection - on 4th Feb.
    It's free to attend and you get some free stuff for doing so. Details here: http://www.classroom-expert.com/interview-louanne-johnson/

2. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Occasional commenter

Personally, I always tell them about my tough upbringing and then about my Hollywood triumphs.
    It's a winning combination; I'll tell you that for nothing. 90% gritty industrial British northern cinema verité, a sort of cross between nouvelle vague and Italian neo-realism plus a certain soupçon of stardust; which latter I find makes all the difference.
    Any further tips ?
    If you give my agent a bell, she'll be able to fix up a contract and we can take this a whole lot further.
    Did I ever tell you about the time "The Duke" and I went for a few bevvies with Charlton, Madonna,Tom and Paul (both of the latter pair with their own orange box; only for use in the crowd scenes, mark you) and Sir Larry ?

3. Ahh you're still here Frank. How nice.