1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bugsy Malone Script Needed for Year 6 performance

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sammyb1, Mar 26, 2019.

1. sammyb1

sammyb1 New commenter

Hi everyone,

We have decided on 'Bugsy Malone' for our end of year production but i'm really struggling with finding a script suitable for the children.

Does anyone have a script they have used previously that they wouldn't mind emailing to me?
    Sammy.bill@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you

Sammy

2. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

You need to apply through the company who own it (can't remember which one it is but you will find it with a quick Google) and pay performing rights. You have to hire the scripts. There are strict rules about not changing the script. There were also rules about the music as to what you were allowed to adapt -it was either a live band or a piano accompaniment.Fortunately we had a competent pianist on the staff. It was a few years ago when we did it, things might have changed-but it's worth checking and going through the proper chanels.

3. dnm

dnm New commenter

It's Faber music as my school are producing it this year. You need the licence.

sparklepig2002 likes this.
  4. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

I looked in to it 2 years ago and abandoned the idea based on cost (hundreds for the licence from memory and you had to pay to hire the scripts) and the live accompaniment thing - we didn’t have a competent pianist nor a school band. Shame as it would have been really fun for that particular year group.

5. Admin Princess

Admin Princess Occasional commenter

Cost us £400 to put on last year, with the licensing and score hire. Never again!