1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

buggy / stroller, opinions wanted please!!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by im tired, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Happy new year!!! [​IMG]
    Okay, so need some of your wonderful opinions on buggies please, my LO is 6 months old (yikes!!) and although i have a quinny travel system which i intend on using for some time yet, i need to get a lightweight stroller/bugging thing which is a one piece for travelling with..
    My folks live in france and i intend on buying a buggy here and eventually keeping it over there so it needs to have/be......
    Lightweight and small enough for flying with [​IMG]
    Wipe clean (going to be covered in sun cream!)
    A good canopy [​IMG]
    Reclining
    One piece
    Easy to push [​IMG]
    Pref 3 wheeler but not essential
    Not too pricey at it isn’t for every day!
    Thanks in advanced for your thoughts and opinions !!! [​IMG]

2. Happy new year!!! [​IMG]
    Okay, so need some of your wonderful opinions on buggies please, my LO is 6 months old (yikes!!) and although i have a quinny travel system which i intend on using for some time yet, i need to get a lightweight stroller/bugging thing which is a one piece for travelling with..
    My folks live in france and i intend on buying a buggy here and eventually keeping it over there so it needs to have/be......
    Lightweight and small enough for flying with [​IMG]
    Wipe clean (going to be covered in sun cream!)
    A good canopy [​IMG]
    Reclining
    One piece
    Easy to push [​IMG]
    Pref 3 wheeler but not essential
    Not too pricey at it isn’t for every day!
    Thanks in advanced for your thoughts and opinions !!! [​IMG]

3. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

I bought my petite star zia when my LO was 6 months (she's now 2 yrs 9 months) and I wouldn't be without it! It is lightweight, lays flat with multiple recline and was very reasonably priced. It hasn't got a massive canopy, but I bought an Outlook Buggy Shade to fit on and it's fab. The other good thing it is one of the smallest folding buggies out there and pretty light to carry....all round it's a great buggy!

4. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

The Maclaren Techno XT sounds perfect for your needs; I myself own one. It has an extremely long sun canopy which pulls down to just about baby's knees! This is cleverly concealed in the normal hood of the buggy, and you just unzip the sun canopy and pull it down when you need it.
    It has multi recline positions as well as leg extenders, so that baby's legs aren't dangling down when having a sleep. I'm pretty sure the covers are removable for washing?? It also has various storage pockets and a wee shopping basket.
    It is relatively lightweight but extremely sturdy. It is built to last and has a handy carry handle for when folded. I bought mine secondhand for about £80 and it was immaculate, but they cost under £200 new. If you do buy secondhand, make sure it's a post 2008 model as this is when Maclaren added the extended sun canopy.
    Check out the Techno on the Mothercare website and You Tube for a handy demo on how the buggy works.
    I hope this helps [​IMG]

5. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

currently £165 at Mothercare, John Lewis and Kiddicare ... all with free delivery, I think.

6. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Mind you, some fabby Petite Zia baragins on Argos. The lime green one is reduced to £90!
    Obsessive, moi?!

7. Have a look at the Mothercare Xoob stroller....does everything you want, really lightweight and only 69.99...I have it because I wanted one to do the same stuff as you...

8. thanks Girls!!!

has any one got the baby jogger city stroller?
    off to the shops this afternoon to investigate further!

9. H. I have petite star zia and my folks have the baby jogger.
    both are fab!
    i bought the zia new for £99 free deliver with free changing bag and footmuff. it is light, easy to collapse, really easy to push/steer and reclines. it doesn't have a very big sun shade and the basket is tiny.
    the baby jogger is incredibly easy to collapse. you literally pull a handle in the seat and it folds. it's heavier than the zia, but feels sturdier when pushing. it is still fairly light. the basket is a bit better. it doesn't have a large sun shade either.
    i got the baby jogger off ebay for £60! a bargain.
    have fun choosing!
    x