1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bug Club

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon4092, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Does anyone use the e-books by Pearson - bug club and phonics bug? Have got a free trial and they look absolutely brilliant but wondering if anyone uses them already.

2. Does anyone use the e-books by Pearson - bug club and phonics bug? Have got a free trial and they look absolutely brilliant but wondering if anyone uses them already.

3. Just bumping this thread up because I am looking into them now. What do people think of the online books for children to use at home? Are they worth the subscription?

4. sarbon

sarbon New commenter

Hi, my school used bug club and phonics bug. Bug club is good for setting books for GR as you can choose by band/NC level or phonic phase. There are also AF related Qs in the interactive books.
    Phonics Bug so so.
    Not many chn bothered to access the e books at home despite getting points for each book read, which they could use for playing games I think.

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We've been using them for a couple of years and find lots of the children prefer the e books for home reading and the questions enable the teacher to check answers and understanding.

6. s1oux

s1oux New commenter

We trialled Bug Club and thought it was brilliant. The children loved it. Unfortunately, they loved it so much that they ran out of titles at the appropriate level very quickly, meaning that there wasn't much point paying for it beyond the free trial.

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

The free trail doesn't give you access to all the books just a sample

8. We bought bug club and phonics bug at the start of the year. To begin we just used the hard copy books for guided reading and then let the kids onto the e-books just before Christmas. I think it's great and the kids love it.