1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bucket lists

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Feb 3, 2012.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Hello

After some big thinking recently, I've decided there are too many things I've never done. To this end, I'm composing a vague "bucket list", but now I come to it I'm struggling to think of the things I've never done!
    I don't want to be too specific (in order to make it manageable), so I wondered if you could come up with some ideas for me.
    For example -
    1. Write a letter to someone famous (as opposed to writing a letter to someone specific)
    2. Erm... ?

2. What sort of things would you love to do, but never done, lilac?

3. lilachardy

I don't know. I'm not motivated by activities/experiences or places but by the people I'm with.
    Which is why I'm thinking along these lines.

4. Ah, right, I'm with you.
    Who would you really like to meet? Who would you really love to have a conversation with? Who would you like to get a letter from/correspond with?

5. lilachardy

Don't know. There's an author I'm interested in at the moment... might tick number 1 off with a letter of appreciation there.
    Increasingly I find myself on the outside of conversations because I'm not into film or television. So maybe I need to find bucketty things to replace this with.

6. Letter of appreciation would be a good start. Maybe find out if they're doing a book signing or reading event that you could go along to? Check out their website.
    We once went to a gig at a dark, dingy venue in Edinburgh and ended up having beers with the support act in the tiny bar afterwards. They were a canny bunch of lads and the banter was excellent. They went on to have a fleeting acquaintance with fame & fortune.
    I remember the beers and the banter with fondness.

7. Aye, that's me too. The conversation at work invariably revolves around 'did you see xxx last night' and I feel immediately excluded because I would frankly gouge my own eyeballs out with hot teaspoons than watch such unedifying dross.
    I've tried the 'have you read xxx's latest novel' and it's about as well received as a fart in a spacesuit. :-/

8. lilachardy

2. See the fjords

(contradicting myself, I know!)

9. *** is a "bucket list" ?...it's beyond the pail, I tell you.

10. 3. Spend a night with cyolba (book early, there's a long queue).
    cyolba, always ready to offer dvice and support :)

11. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Having 2 out of 3 of my workplace bullies sacked and jobless is not enough: I want all 3 locked up and the employer stung for a big payout.

12. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

...and I want to ski the Hahnenkamm just once...

13. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

I'm thinking as a huge thank you to all their loyal Tessers that Tes should pay for us all to go to Vegas and have a conference ( i think that's what companies do in vegas). I think a lot of fun and frivolity would be had by all [​IMG]

14. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I second that emotion [​IMG]