1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Btech jamie Oliver Home Cooking skills help

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Salpot, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

Just been asked to 'do something with some 6th form' and thought that the home skills might do nicely, what do you think? They are edging towards the lower abilities.

Many thanks

Lesley :)

2. Oh no!!!!!!!!! Have I missed something???? Assignment briefs??? Where does it state that we have to have one as I was just following the work booklet the accompanies the spec........I have just got the kids to pick a random meal to make.........have I done this wrong????? Pleeeeeeeeassseeee advise :)
    S

3. You should have an assignment brief really as is normal with all BTEC - I may be wrong, but the verification team passed all my paperwork which included the brief booklets. I will try and upload on the resources section as I have not been too good at keeping up with demand - work keeps getting in my way!!!!
    Best wishes
    IA x

4. hi islandangel
    Your doing a terrific job could you send me the resources I've been asked to look into year 9 completing the qualification.

Thankyou
    longc@hilbre.wirral.sch.uk

5. Please, please, please could you send me your level 2 assignment brief please asap. I sent my 4 samples off and they have failed as there is no assignment brief. When I originally did the training this wasnt mentioned to me and as an NQT I didnt have any background knowledge of BTECs.
    The assessor has given me the weekend to get an assignment together to send off, which will then allow my students to pass the course, so if you could send it to me asap that would be amazing!!!
    My email address is claireallen224@hotmail.com

Thanks x

6. Hi Claire
    You should have mail.
    IAx

7. Hi
    Could I have a copy please? Have been quite happily teaching away but now have some clear 'direction' from above.
    mr.hamer@st-lukes.devon.sch.uk

8. Noticed this request from someone else and wondered if you would mind sending me what you used for the assignment brief - hope it's not too cheeky.
    suzanne2103@gmail.com

Many thanks
    Suzanne Eccleston

9. We are about to start this in September and would be really grateful if you would send a copy of your level 2 assignment brief. Many thanks
    clairecjc@hotmail.com

10. Hi Island Angel
    Would also love any resources you have produced for Level 1.
    Many thanks [​IMG]

kcininas@bca.ac.uk

11. Hi Islandangel
    you have been kept really busy and I hate to add to it (!) BUT...please could you send me the info you have for the assignments too as I am going to have to give them to the students as soon as we get back in Sept.
    My email address is hannah-thomas@tiscali.co.uk
    Really appreciate this,
    Hannah.

12. Hiya,
    i have been teaching BTec level 1 to a group of Y10 students and am moving on to Level 2 in september. The pupils have not been assessed yet but i would like to see your look on the course and how you deliver the different topics if you dont mind. My email address is barleyboy11@hotmail.co.uk
    any help would be much appreciated.
    Dawn

13. Hi, I have just found out I will be taking on The Jamie Oliver ground this year and am very behind on the planning!!!! Would you be able to send me a copy of both also. Many thanks in advance Liam
    Lcoleby@hamilton.sch.uk

14. I have popped the assignment for level 1 and level 2 in the resources section to stop me sending so many emails out. I hope that will be of some help to you. I have added the assessment booklet (posh name for writing frames really) with the level 2 booklet but can be used for both.
    Hope that helps.
    IA x

15. Hi
    Im teaching this course for the 1st time this yr, i dont have a clue please could you help me out. My email is ablankson@hillingdongrid.org. I would be so sos grateful for any help you can give.

thank you
    alicia

16. Hi Island Angel / Heidi

Sorry to be a pain but I'd really appreciate any resources related to Level 1 & 2. You should publish!

Many thanks in anticipation.

k.lawrenson@fernwoodschool.org.uk

17. The resources I am emailing out are in the resources section of this website.
    Good luck, any further questions please do come back to me.
    Best wishes
    IA x

18. I just searching ther net looking for help with the Level 1 home cooking skills BTEC . Did you manage to find some assignment briefs to use? I would be very grateful as I have just started to teach this in a SEN school.

Thank you
    Regards
    Elaine Email: elaine.mendelson@btitnernet.com

19. pecks

pecks New commenter

Dear Islandangel could you please send me a copy of level 1 and 2 assignment thank you.

itfoodsch@yahoo.co.uk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.