1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by aman_dhesi, Oct 25, 2016.

1. aman_dhesi

aman_dhesi New commenter

Hello there

Hope everyone is having a good half term.

I am on my second placement and I have been put in charge of a BTEC unit for the first time. I was wondering how it works with regards to deadlines. I have set my students a deadline of 1st November next Tuesday. Once the work has been handed in is that it? Or do students get some sort of feedback from the teacher and then hand the work in again.

Regards

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Firstly if you are a student you are not in charge of the unit, your teaching practice is a supervised activity. Obviously any work submitted has to be marked- if you are a student teacher it would not be appropriate for you just to be dumped with this. You need to discuss with your school mentor to get clear guidance and also discuss with your university mentor.