1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Tech award in creative media production

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by Katieeferg, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Katieeferg

Katieeferg New commenter

Is anyone teaching this new spec? It got approved very late on and Pearson still has very little in the way of resources. I feel like I'm getting to the point where the kids need to begin working on Task one for Component one but I have no idea how long they should have to complete it or the sort of standard they are expecting.

1961templar likes this.
  2. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

1961templar likes this.
  3. oheretic

oheretic New commenter

4. ianbowers66

ianbowers66 New commenter

I was in contact with Pearson at the end of last week about training and they have nothing planned until sometime in 2018. For a course starting Sept 2017 this is worse than useless. The FE & Vocational link has a £100 book that is 'not yet available'. They offered in-school training at £850 per day or £650 per half day (2 1/2 hours). Can't think what resources they might bring along. Very frustrating.

1961templar likes this.
  5. Mr_X

Mr_X New commenter

We’re looking at this. Happy to collaborate and share resources / planning with anyone.

6. bilko37

bilko37 New commenter

I would really appreciate being able to email you about this as I am the only media teacher in a school in my first year of teaching, so any help would be enormously appreciated

1961templar likes this.
  7. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

Much more activity here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/105232629576450/

1961templar likes this.
  8. mhuck

mhuck New commenter

I have started teaching this in Sept, does anyone have any exemplar work for component 1 other than that from the exam board? Also do you know if a new scenario for each component comes out each year and if it does when? Thanks

1961templar likes this.
  9. Mr_X

Mr_X New commenter

I would join the Facebook group listed above, I have done and it has been useful. I'm planning to get the Pearson £100 official teaching pack too to get started.

10. 1961templar

1961templar New commenter

I am trying to deliver Topic A.1 How audio is used in digital media products. Any help or assistance appreciated!

Does anyone have any exemplar work?

11. 1961templar

1961templar New commenter

12. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

I think the fact that you're replying to a year old post and I am replying to you three weeks later tells you all you need to know about how active this forum is.