1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Tech Award Enterprise v Cambridge National Enterprise & Marketing

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by jowashy, Jul 16, 2018.

1. jowashy

jowashy New commenter

I am moving to a new school in September and need to choose between the BTEC Tech Enterprise and the Cambridge National Enterprise and Marketing. The school I am moving to have some quite low ability students with some behavioural problems. I need quite and engaging course. Any ideas? Does anyone have any pros and cons?

Thanks in advance

Jo

2. Businessbox

Businessbox New commenter

I would say from reading both specs and the sample papers that there are pros and cons with both. BTEC exam has a large finance element, which is very useful for an entrepreneur but challenging for some students. They have changed one of the coursework units recently, about an enterprise activity. the BTEC has more traditional 'business' in it.

The National exam is much more about Marketing, in some depth. The coursework units are very much a 'Dragons Den' concept, coming up with a design proposal and idea then pitching it. The units have set assignments, so you know exactly what you have to do, but may be quite restrictive as well.

I would say low ability students might be better off with the National - whether the practical pitch element suits those with behavioural problems I don't know - but the actual pitches are only 2/3 lessons of time really.

3. gedmonroepl

gedmonroepl New commenter

Hi Tes Community!

I’m thinking about an idea for a mobile application and I wanted everyone’s advice.

It connects qualified, professional, and affordable GED tutors to high school dropouts to help them obtain a GED.

What do you think? Is it feasible? Would you buy this product as a student without a high school diploma? Would you serve as a tutor for this service?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!