1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

btec performing arts level 3 unit 7 performing to an audience

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by caoimhearmy, Apr 3, 2012.

1. hi !! i am here begging for help, i am teaching the performing arts btec level 3 and am about to start teaching unit 7 performing to an audience. however i am so confused about how to write the assignment brief and how much detail has to go into it. can the whole unit be covered in one assignment brief ? if so what tasks cover all the pass. merit and distinction criteria ??
    please if anyone could help me out i would be so grateful
    thanks
    Caoimhe

2. I am in the same boat did you get any answers ?

3. Yes, you can put all of the criteria into one brief, or you could separate them into different briefs, it is entirely your choice.

The tasks are for you to design yourself, they can be anything as long as they offer opportunities at pass, merit and distinction for all of the criteria you have listed on the brief.

Have you read the unit spec? There are sample assignments in there and also lots of guidance about tasks and what you should be covering in your teaching.

If you PM me your email address I have a few bits I can send over.

4. thats great thanks
    my email is loo28@hotmail.com
    In the spec there is only one brief and it looks very vague
    Ive done one can i send you it to see what you think ?
    the criteria to me is very vague too as alot of it will be on final performance ?
    x

5. On their way.

6. Hi...not sure if any of you are still doing this unit, but I wondered if any of you knew what the minimum performance length was for their piece in this unit?