1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC or OCR Nationals - Is there a difference in difficulty?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by essexwideboy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. essexwideboy

essexwideboy New commenter

Hi all,
    I would like to find out if there is any difference in difficulty between these courses at level 2. (before anybody posts with their own agenda I know they're both easy)

Does anyone know of any stats etc that highlight whether one is easier than the other etc? My hunch is that the BTEC might be slightly easier and quicker but can't find any evidence to say either way.

Thanks
    Steve

2. essexwideboy

Hi all,
    I would like to find out if there is any difference in difficulty between these courses at level 2. (before anybody posts with their own agenda I know they're both easy)

Does anyone know of any stats etc that highlight whether one is easier than the other etc? My hunch is that the BTEC might be slightly easier and quicker but can't find any evidence to say either way.

Thanks
    Steve

3. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Would be hard to find to many stats on Nationals as its pass fail situation so I would imagine most schools are 100% pass or if they fail they will resubmit!
    This will all change in Jan with teh shake up.

4. essexwideboy

Yes, I should have said that the reason I'm looking is to do with target setting and am more interested in the numbers that achieve Merits and Distinctions rather than the pass/fail rate.
    Steve