1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC National - Unit 30

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by seren256, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Is anyone else doing Unit 30 Visual Merchandising in Retail from the new spec? I have been given it as a unit to teach from Sept. but am struggling to come up with assignment ideas!

2. Hi,
    I am not teaching this but used to work in retail and last year taught the btec first in retail which has a similar unit. Try this link for resources (bear in mind level 2).

http://tutor2u.net/retail/unit3.php

It is extremely difficult to do a unit on visual merchandising without having worked in that field and having resources like a mock shop or very good contacts with retailers for visits etc..
    I have a level 2 assignment but was very practical with the benefit of having a mock shop.

Could you suggest changing it to unit 29 - general retailing? Much easier!
    Best of luck.

3. Hi is there any chance you could send me the level 2 assignment? I am going to email the HOD and see what he says about it!
    Thanks

ejones20@suttonlea.org

4. Hi,

Have emailed it to you now!

5. Hi - I am in the process of preparing assignment briefs for UNIT 22 Visual Merchandising for BTEC level 2 Business - I have already organised and carried out a trip to Westfield Shopping centre with the current Y11 classes for preparation and research work. Is it possible for you to send me your level 2 assignment to look over for additional ideas?? Many thanks iin anticipation!

6. Hi there,

I am an NQT and was given this unit to teach at the beginning of the year. I have recently finished and moved onto unit 29. I can send through the resources that I have got.I agree with everyone in that it is a very difficult unit to teach. I can email you what I have got?

Oh has anyone taught unit 29? I am struggling with ideas for this unit. My email address is joanneb3ll@googlemail.com

Joanne

7. belgraveroad

belgraveroad New commenter

Hi
    Every one I am in the same boat, I am teaching this unit and now need to give my learners
    assignment 3.
    I wondered if any one who could help me with some assignment or material related to that.

my email address is a1aftab@yahoo.com

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Aftab