1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC music preparation

Discussion in 'Music' started by MissSenior24, May 17, 2018.

1. MissSenior24

MissSenior24 New commenter

Hi,

I've just started in a new school and will be taking over the KS3 curriculum in September. I want to create a year 9 long term plan that will prepare them for the BTEC course that they'll take in year 10 if they choose music.
    I still want to make it interesting and engaging so I don't put them off the subject, but I want them to have a better idea of what BTEC music entails as it seems so different to the GCSE.
    IF you have any ideas, or could point me in the direction of some resources, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. i the t

i the t New commenter

I've got a 3 year KS4 class who didn't do any KS3 music so we're doing BTEC rather than GCSE.

During year 9 I have done performance workshops, and a mock run of unit 2, giving them the guidance/support they wont get when it runs proper in y10.

During this term I'm starting unit 7 in earnest....

All homeworks, starters and assessments are Unit 1 based (2 made up tests and one real paper so far) and I plan to enter them thrice for the exam.

3. hm226

hm226 New commenter

Hi All,
    Just a heads up, you might want to check the 2020 performance tables before your Year 9's start in Sept, not currently on there for BTEC Music. I'm trying to decide what to do!

4. i the t

i the t New commenter

that's somewhat concerning !

5. TrueFaith

TrueFaith New commenter

Hopefully the new Tech Level course will be approved and on the performance tables.. It's currently under review!
    With a bit of luck the same won't happen as has with the Level 3 BTEC course for the last 2 years....

6. TrueFaith

TrueFaith New commenter

7. chezza02

chezza02 New commenter

Would new year 9s in September be on the 2021 tables?