1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC moderation?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by mumbles81, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Hope someone can simplify this for me:
    My year 13 group are coming to an end of their BTEC National Award this week.
    External Verifier visited and signed off their course last March.
    When I submit their marks on the MS1, will Edexcel ask for a sample or was the EV it?!

I have had two or three different answers from our exams office staff so far!

2. Hope someone can simplify this for me:
    My year 13 group are coming to an end of their BTEC National Award this week.
    External Verifier visited and signed off their course last March.
    When I submit their marks on the MS1, will Edexcel ask for a sample or was the EV it?!

I have had two or three different answers from our exams office staff so far!

3. Roboteer

Roboteer New commenter

Did you, or someone else in the school, undertake the Lead Internal Verifier qualification during this academic year (October was first window).
    If you did, then you just submit your unit grades for each student either online or on paper as you prefer.
    If you did not undertake and achieve the LIV status this year then your QN in the school should have been notified that you would need to go through external verification as the deadline for release of sample was 31st May.
    Do you have access to edexcel online? It would show on there under the BTEC tab and then external verification if you needed to be cleared this year.

HTH

4. Thank you, that does help - confirms what I thought!
    I did achieve the LIV status so all is good :)