1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTec Level 3 - Unit 6(was 18) Software Design

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Mr_G_ICT, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Mr_G_ICT

Mr_G_ICT New commenter

Hi

Ok, i'm writing a SoW and assignment for this unit, but we are getting confused about the requirements for this.
    The requirements are as follows:
    P6 - Use appropriate tools to designa solution to a defined requriement
    M2 - Justify the choice of data types and software structures used in a design solution
    D2 - Develop algorithms to depresent a design solution.

Now, here is the question(s)
    1) there have to make a "Substantial" programming solution, What is substantial????
    2) Does the design include pseudocode, or does it just mean they can make the program?
    3) Does it mean for a Pass you have to just write the program and for a distinction, does this mean they have to include pseudocode?

please help, i'm very confused. I've downloaded the assignments for unti 18 from Teach ICT and as this bit of the assignment has changed i'm getting stuck.

2. Mr_G_ICT

Mr_G_ICT New commenter

Hi

Ok, i'm writing a SoW and assignment for this unit, but we are getting confused about the requirements for this.
    The requirements are as follows:
    P6 - Use appropriate tools to designa solution to a defined requriement
    M2 - Justify the choice of data types and software structures used in a design solution
    D2 - Develop algorithms to depresent a design solution.

Now, here is the question(s)
    1) there have to make a "Substantial" programming solution, What is substantial????
    2) Does the design include pseudocode, or does it just mean they can make the program?
    3) Does it mean for a Pass you have to just write the program and for a distinction, does this mean they have to include pseudocode?

please help, i'm very confused. I've downloaded the assignments for unti 18 from Teach ICT and as this bit of the assignment has changed i'm getting stuck.